Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Parade and Lemonade

Last weekend was Ice Cream Days, here in LeMars, Iowa - the Ice Cream Capital of the World.  Elizabeth was one of twelve finalists in a contest for the LeMars Chamber of Commerce brochure cover, and they decided to make the 12 finalists "Little Ambassadors".   They started off the year by riding the firetruck in the Ice Cream Days parade.  They have several other activities planned with other parades and holiday events.
Each child had to have an adult with them - so, lucky Mom.  We sat on fire hose in the hot sun.  Lizzie wasn't too hip on waving, so I had to help her out.

Some parade watchers.  :)  Erin, Erica, Anna (Erin's friend), and Emily


Here are 8 of the 12 kiddos in their reserved rest-of-the-parade-watching spots.

And what better place to have a lemonade stand on a hot Father's Day, than right on the 3rd green of the golf course.  Emily, Erica, and the neighbor kids Carter and Leah made $6 in about 30 minutes, before the clouds rolled in.


Here's an update to my previous blog entry...I checked in on the nest again...and there is a new egg!  Zeke goes crazy barking at this tree every minute he's outside - grr.

4 comments:

Shea said...

$6, that's awesome!

Cheryl said...

I'm LOL over the ingenuity of having a lemonade stand on the golf course! Future entrepreneurs of America!!

P.S. - To get the blurred effect on the background of a photo, you need to have a low number on your aperture (or set the camera to the portrait setting - usually the head of a person is the symbol for that setting.)

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

great photos

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

I always forget you have a blog...you should update it and so should I work on my blog.